Five Steps Strategy: Brand Your Business on Social Media
Learn the Five Steps Strategy: Brand Your Business on Social Media from Marketer Sam
Until just recently, small businesses have relied on traditional marketing channels like referrals, mailers, signs, and classified ads. These tactics still work; however, their level of success is diminishing. A coherent social media strategy is, by far, their biggest opportunity to expand reach, develop a brand image, and lower advertising cost.
Hello, I’m Marketer Sam from Standout 360 Multi-Media Agency. In this article, I’m going to teach you the Five Steps Strategy to brand yourself or your business on social media.
Before we take a deep dive, you must have a few things in place.
- First, you need to have an updated website that reflects your brand. A website is your storefront online. People want to learn about you before spending their hard-earned dollars with you.
- Second, identify your target market and how you are going to reach them. For instance, if you are a business owner, you might find them on Linkedin. Or if you are targeting millennials, your best chance of finding them is on Instagram.
- Third, decide on your reach strategy: paid or organic advertising, or a combination of both. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I will discuss them in another blog.
- Lastly, you need content, so consider what content you could produce: photos, videos, blogs, V-blogs, or a combination of all. Once you have an idea, organize them according to the frequency and volume.
Basic social media chart:
Once you have a website, your target market, the social media channels, and a basic content calendar, it’s time to implement the Five Steps Strategy for branding your business on social media.
- Write short posts, articles, or blogs about your products or services. If you’re selling physical products, post pictures or write brief descriptions of each product. If you provide a service, show how your service can help. Whatever you do, make sure your posts are relevant to your target audience.
- Post videos or photos of you being active in the industry. If you are a local small business like a real estate office or a dentist, post a picture of you being active in the community. This a great way to create a bond with your community.
- Repost useful blogs and articles to your clients. Make sure to briefly describe the blogs and articles in your post, and tell why they should read it. Be sincere. The last thing you want to do is to waste someone else’s time.
- Create paid social media campaigns. When done right, paid ads on social media are very effective in branding and creating awareness around your business.
Follow your target market on social media. Once you do, like and comment on their posts. This is a great way to grab their attention. Don’t try to sell anything at this stage. Your goal is to be noticed. Be patient. Eventually, you’ll have the chance to strike up a conversation.
Millions of people are spending three hours or more per day on social media, so don’t miss out on the opportunity. Some of you have the time to implement a social media strategy yourselves. For those of you who are too busy, it makes sense to find help. Evaluate your situation, and decide where you want to spend your time. For more information or help, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download my comprehensive digital marketing plan template. It includes:
- Create a Value Statements template.
- Create a Personas template.
- Marketing Strategy template.
- Customer Lifetime Value calculator.
- Content planner.
- Keyword organizer and meta tags tracker.
- Social Media calendar.
- Key Performance Indicators tracker (KPI).
- Search and Paid Social Media campaign trackers.